Registration of Marriage
Notice of Marriage:
- Both parties can select one of the following methods to submit the Notice of Marriage. If both parties have resided in the Philippines for more than 10 days they can submit their Notice of Marriage under normal license – (Forms are available at the Embassy) If both parties have resided in the Philippines for more than 4 days, they can submit their notice of Marriage under Special license – (Forms are available at the Embassy)
Date of Registration:
- The date and time for registration will be notified to the party, once the application is processed and accepted by the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Manila
- Certified copies of Marriage Certificates will be issued on a subsequent date by the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Manila, if required. Additional copies of the Marriage Certificate could be obtained on payment of the prescribed fees.
At least one of the parties of the marriage should be a citizen of Sri Lanka
Both parties should not be under 18 years of age
- Passports of both parties (with photocopies of bio page and Philippine visa page)
- Original and a translation of birth certificates of both parties and should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka
- In both parties Sri Lankan National or either is Philippine National he/she should submit affidavit, unmarried certificate, copy of the bio page of the passport, witness Philippine national passports of witnesses (two Sri Lankan passport holders)
- Affidavit for Civil status/unmarried status of both parties, declared before a Justice of Peace. This certificate should be authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka
- Persons who are living overseas should obtain an unmarried certificate in addition to the above, stating their civil status/unmarried status from relevant Government authority. It should be authenticated from the Sri Lankan Embassy or High Commission in the relevant country.
- Divorcees should submit Divorce certificate (should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka or by a Sri Lanka Embassy/High Commission in the country where the Certificate issued).
- In case of widow/widower, should submit the previous marriage certificate and death certificate of the spouse (should be authenticated by Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka or should be authenticated by a Sri Lankan Embassy/High Commission in the country where the certificates are issued).
- Applicable fee
- Notice of a Marriage (General/Kandyan) -Php1,040.00
- Registration and Issuance of a Marriage Certificate – (General/Kandyan/Muslim) – Php 1,720.00
- Registration of a Marriage under Special Licence (General/Kandyan)-Php 2,300.00
- Issuance of certified copy of a Marriage Certificate (General/Kandyan/Muslim) – Php 680.00
- Application of a Marriage Licence under Section 24 (Notice of Marriage) – Free of Charge
Notice: Submission of forged documents is a Punishable Offence and such applications will be rejected.
- Passport of applicant
- Affidavit submitted by the applicant or the immediate family member (this affidavit should be declared in front of and Attorney at Law or Justice of Peace) and authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka
- Certified copy of the Birth certificate
- Fees –Php 1,600.00
Note: The applicant should apply in the Embassy in person