PHL, Sri Lanka sign deals on military exchange, tourism, agriculture
The Philippines and Sri Lanka on Wednesday inked five agreements on areas of military, tourism and agriculture.
President Rodrigo Duterte and Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena witnessed the exchange of agreements held in Malacañang.
The agreements are as follows:
- memorandum of understanding between the Department of National Defense of the Republic of the Philippines and the Ministry of Defense of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka concerning defense and military education and training and exchanges of defense and military delegations
- memorandum of understanding on cooperation in agriculture, fisheries and related fields between the Republic of the Philippines and the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- memorandum of understanding on academic cooperation in higher education between the Commission on Higher Education and the Ministry of City Planning, Water Supply, and Higher Education of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- memorandum of understanding between the Department of Tourism of the Philippines and the Ministry of Tourism Development, Wildlife and Christian Religious Affairs of Sri Lanka
- memorandum of understanding between the University of the Philippines-Los Baños and the Sri Lanka Council for Agriculture Research Policy of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Economic Affairs, Livestock, Irrigation, Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development (MAREALIFARD)
Sirisena is on a five-day state visit to the Philippines.