You should apply for a tourist visa if you are travelling for one or several of the following purposes:
- Sightseeing, holidaying, excursions & relaxation
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical treatment including ayurvedic treatment and yoga
If the length of stay in Sri Lanka up to 90 days, the applicant or a third party on his/her behalf can apply for the visa by submitting an ETA application online via the ETA website www.eta.gov.lk.
It is advised to keep a copy of the ETA approval notice with the traveller to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
When applying for an ETA through third parties, payments have to be made through www.eta.gov.lk and an acknowledgement of the ETA application should be obtained. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process the ETA. Therefore, please ensure that the payment is made on www.eta.gov.lk to avoid having to pay again at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.
- ETA application form (click here to download)
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Return air ticket
- Passport – with a minimum of 6 months validity period
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay
- ETA processing visa fee (Click here “Chart A”)
Processing time: 1-2 working days