Welcome to the Visa & Consular Services section of the Embassy of Sri Lanka in The Philippines.
Here you can find information regarding all consular services provided by the Embassy of Sri Lanka in The Philippines including Issuance of visas Passports, Registration of Birth, Marriages, Deaths, Authentication and Translation of Documents, Police Clearance Certificates, Repatriation of Sri Lankans, payment of Pensions to Sri Lankan Pensioners Resident in The Philippines
Information relating to Consular including visa fees are available.
The competent authority for issuing Sri Lankan visas is the Department of Immigration and Emigration. On behalf of the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka diplomatic missions abroad have been authorized to issue visas.
Nationals of the Republic of the Philippines, who intend to visit Sri Lanka for a short visit (Single. Double or Multiple Entry) up to 90 days for the purpose of Tourist. Business and Official. may apply for visa through the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Manila.
Person who visits Sri Lanka for Tourist, Business or Transit purposes could also obtain visa online, please browse www.eta.gov.lk
The facility to apply for Business Visa is at present only available at the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Colombo and Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions abroad.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) requirement is applicable to all nationalities except nationals of the Republic of Maldives, the Republic of Singapore and the Republic of Seychelles, who on the basis of reciprocity, are exempt from this requirement.
Note: For any Consular services you have paid and application fee at the Sri Lanka Embassy will be issued an official receipt.
What are the general eligibility requirements for Sri Lankan visas?
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may issue a visa to you if:
- it is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- it approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- you hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- it is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your stay in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- you are in possession of a return air ticket to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination.
- Who is eligible for visa exemption?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children born to Sri Lankan parents whose birth have been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948 up to 21 years of age.
- Children born in Sri Lanka to Sri Lankan parents under 21 years of age, now living abroad.